Using a great wax such as Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax Paste can ensure you’ll get professional-looking results at home. In this review, we go over everything you need to know about this particular wax, starting with its specifications and main features. You will find a list of pros and cons so you can make your own informed decision and also instructions on how to best use this wax. In the end, feel free to leave any questions or comments.
About Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax Paste
Specifications and Description
- Product Weight: 7 oz. (0.2 kg)
- Package Size: 4.33″ x 1.57″ x 10.24″ (11 cm x 4 cm x 26 cm)
- Color Options: Black, White
- Wax Type: Paste
While it may seem that white would be the most challenging car colors to take care of, black is right up there beside it in maintenance difficulty. Black and dark colored cars need special care to keep their shiny, glossy paint looking good. It can be difficult when the slightest blemish looks like a spotlight against the black or dark color, but Meguiar’s G6207 black wax paste can keep your car looking fresh and clean.
For those of us who can’t get our cars professionally detailed every week, Meguiar’s G6207 black wax paste can really come in handy and is one of the best auto wax for black cars options available nowadays. Many wax products claim to have your car looking like new after using them, but Meguiar’s actually does what it says. The special formulation of the G6207 wax paste will give your vehicle a superb gloss and a fantastic reflection.
However, gloss and reflection aren’t the only great attributes that can result from using this wax. Some waxes may leave residue or micro scratches on the car but Meguiar’s G6207 black wax paste guarantees that it won’t scratch your car. In fact, it would actually help cover up minor blemishes.
The G6207 is easy to apply, and also to remove. It is also specially formulated to ensure long-lasting wax protection to your vehicle. To make thing even more simple, users can choose to apply this black wax either with the DA Polisher MT300, the DA Power System G3500, or by hand, and a hand applicator pad is included.
Pros and Cons
Quite a number of people complained that this wax does not cover up a lot of scratches, swirl marks, or other such areas. This product is good for minor scratches and will cover those up beautifully, but anything larger will likely not be covered by this wax.
Some users also complained that this wax actually micro abrasions and swirl marks on their vehicle, but this might also depend on how they applied it.
How to Use Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax Paste
Meguiar’s G6207 black wax paste can be used in a similar fashion to other wax paste products. However, its manufacturer suggests using it only with other Meguiar products instead of mixing brands. Before getting started, first make sure that you have the following:
List of Things Needed:
- Meguiar’s G2607 Black Wax Paste
- Foam wax pad
- One or two Microfiber cloths or 100% cotton terry towels
Steps to Take if you are applying it By Hand:
- First, make sure that the vehicle has been cleaned and dried thoroughly. Make sure the surface is smooth, cool, and ready to go.
- Put some of the wax paste onto the foam wax pad and begin waxing the car in a circular motion. You can also use a buffer if you choose to, but that isn’t strictly necessary.
- Working in sections, do 2 to 4 passes over each.
- Follow this process section by section until you finish the car.
- Once you are done, let the wax paste dry for a while until it looks like a haze.
- Use the microfiber cloth or terry towel to thoroughly remove the wax paste from the car.
- Use either a clean part of the cloth/towel or a second, clean one, to do a final wipe off to make the vehicle shine.
- Buff in a circular motion until you get a brilliant shine.
The steps are similar if you choose to apply this black wax with the DA (Dual Action) Polisher or the Meguiar’s DA Power System. The only differences will be in Step 2, as you can apply the paste on a waxing foam pad or polishing pad.
Meguiar’s G2607 black wax paste is a great product that helps bring a new shine to your black car, one that is long-lasting and will also protect it. What do you think about Meguiar’s G2607 black wax paste? Have you already used it? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Leave a Reply